[SCIM] SCIM 1.1.2 is available for testing.

Zhe Su james.su@gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 06:01:14 PST 2005

Hi,
  Major changes in this version:

  * Added get_surrounding_text and delete_surrounding_text methods
into IMEngineInstanceBase.
     But right now, only gtkimmodule supports this feature.
  * Helper APIs are workable now.
  * Fixed XIM clients freezing issue.
  * Some other bugfixes.

   A test imengine module and its corresponding helper module are
included. You may specify --enable-tests option when running configure
script to enable them. Read the following source files to learn how to
write a Helper module for an IMEnigne:

  tests/scim_test_imengine.{cpp,h}
  tests/scim_test_helper.cpp

  If you are currentlly developing input methods based on SCIM and
want to provide your own customized GUI, please consider to use the
new Helper APIs. Any kind of GUI tools, including setup tools etc.,
can be implemented as Helper modules.

  I plan to add the following features before releasing scim 1.2.0:
  * Proxy IMEngine (or Cascade/Nested IMEngine? Which name is better?)
  * Keyboard Layout switching.

  But I have completely no idea on how to implement them.  Could you
please give me some suggestions?

Regards
James Su