[SCIM] SCIM 1.1.2 is available for testing.

Yukiko Bando ybando@k6.dion.ne.jp
Sat Jan 15 16:23:19 PST 2005

Hello,

On Saturday 15 January 2005 23:01, Zhe Su wrote:

>   I plan to add the following features before releasing scim 1.2.0:

I have a couple of questions again.

>   * Proxy IMEngine (or Cascade/Nested IMEngine? Which name is better?)

What is it?  How will users benefit from this new feature?  Could you please
clarify it a bit, preferably in human understandable words? :)

>   * Keyboard Layout switching.

I'm more curious about this one.  Will it allow users to specify a keyboard
layout to be used for each IMEngine in the setup panel if they want?

-----
In my imagination, Global Setup in the panel will look like this in
scim-1.2.0.

Captions: Name --- Enable --- Hotkeys --- Keyboard
Buttons: Expand/Collapse --- Edit Hotkeys --- Select Keyboard

When I select an IMEngine and click the Select Keyboard button, a small window
pops up and prompts me to choose one from a list of keyboard layouts.  The
window has the "Browse" and "Customize" buttons as well.  If I click
"Browse", the open file dialog box pops up and I can select my custom xmodmap
in my home directory.  (Can SCIM read xmodmaps???)  If I click "Customize",
another window pops up, where I can remap individual keys just like in the
stillborn "Custom keyboard layout editor". :D  I would then remap €éù'*-è@çà
on the first row of my keyboard to 1234567890 for scim-pinyin until it
supports custom selection keys. :)
----- End

Am I completely misunderstanding the purpose of "Keyboard Layout switching"?

Anyway, I'll try out 1.1.2 first.  Thank you.

Yukiko