[SCIM] Re: From a newbie: problems in running scim

Mike FABIAN mfabian@suse.de
Mon Jan 17 07:53:59 PST 2005

"Rodolfo Medina" <romeomedina@libero.it> さんは書きました:

> Maybe I could make the couple Emacs-scim work if I could make zh_CN and
> zh_CN.gbk
> appear in the output of the command '$ locale -a' (which now does not show
> them),
> and then run Emacs with '$ LC_CTYPE=zh_CN.gbk emacs'.
> Could anyone indicate how to do so, i.e. how to insert zh_CN and zh_CN.gbk
> in 'locale -a' output?

No, you don't need that.

    XMODIFIERS=@im=SCIM LC_CTYPE=zh_CN.UTF-8 emacs

works fine. Maybe you forgot to set XMODIFIERS?
Any other UTF-8 locale should work as well if it is listed in
/etc/scim/global in the variable "/SupportedUnicodeLocales".

--
Mike FABIAN   <mfabian@suse.de>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。