[SCIM] Tones with chinese tables

Kenichi Handa handa@m17n.org
Mon Jan 17 17:35:32 PST 2005

In article <41E9134B.8020308@yahoo.fr>, Gilles Vigner <xiaogil@yahoo.fr> writes:
> Is there a chinese table in Scim that, for example, allows to choose
> between all the "third tone yi" sinogrammes when I type "yi3" ? If yes,
> which and how to be able to type the tone to reduce the choice of
> sinogrammes displayed ?

I'm going to convert all chinese input methods in Emacs to
m17n-lib input methods.  They are:
  4corner, array30, etzy, zozy, tsangchi, quick, ctlaub
  ziranma, ctlau, ccdospy, qj, sw, tonepy

Among them, I think tonepy is what you want.

Attached is the file zh-tonepy.mim.  You can use it by:
(1) install m17n-lib and m17n-db
(2) put zh-tonepy.mim in /usr/share/m17n (or /usr/local/share/m17n)
(3) add this line in mdb.dir of the same directory
(input-method zh tonepy "zh-tonepy.mim")
(4) install scim-m17n

By the way, perhaps some of the above input methods are not
used anymore.  I'd like to hear opinions of Chinese users.
You can get more detail about each of them by running Emacs
and type M-x list-input-methods RET, and click each input
method.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
handa@m17n.org