[Uim] A question about the space bar

David Oftedal david at start.no
Fri Apr 2 23:55:25 EEST 2004

Hello!

I got some info from a user on a Korean board, and it appears that
Koreans use the space bar to separate syllables when using the
2-beol-sik keyboard layout.

So, the thing is, both hangul2.scm and romaja.scm need the return key to
be pressed in order to commit what's in the preedit. When one presses
the space bar, the following happens:

1. If there's anything in the preedit, it's deleted, and a space appears.

2. If there isn't anything in the preedit, a space appears.

What I was wondering is if generic.scm could somehow be modified so that
it does the following:

1: If there's anything in the preedit, it's committed. (If it's
necessary, it could output a space as well, but it's not useful for the
Korean methods.)

2: If there isn't anything in the preedit, a space appears like before.

That way one could use the space bar to separate syllables in addition
to the Return key.

Anyone have any opinions on this?

-David