[Uim] uim-prime vs. anthy (also, possible help for uim-py)

yusuke at cherubim.icw.co.jp yusuke at cherubim.icw.co.jp
Sun Apr 4 07:52:06 EEST 2004

> > Here's my very preliminary implementation of multi syllable PY input method.
> >  http://cherubim.icw.co.jp/~yusuke/uim-0.3.3z.tar.gz
> > You can test by following command
> > $ ./configure;make
> > $ GTK_IM_MODULE=uim-z sh ./test.sh
> > text entry will appear. Please type some sentence and press space key.
> > Say 'nimenhaoma?<space>'.
>
> I only get my Pinyin input reflected back in the xterm as Pinyin. Am I
> supposed to see Chinese characters?
Yes. I should have explained more detailed instruction.
Probably, you have done `make install' and the files went to
/usr/local/*, and your apps are using uim installed in /usr/*.
If so, please do `make uninstall` in source directory. Multiple
installation sometimes cause weired problems.

Please do following steps. $ means command prompt.
(Download the file)
$ tar zxf uim-0.3.3z.tar.gz
$ cd uim-0.3.3z
(configure & make takes some minutes)
$ ./configure
$ make
(do not `make install')
$ GTK_IM_MODULE=uim-z sh test.sh
(An window named GTK Entry will appear.
 Set focus on the text entry and type some sentence,
 for example `tashiribenren')

Could you test this again?

Thanks!
--