[Uim] uim-py: Adding idioms to PY.scm

Yukiko Bando ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp
Fri Apr 16 17:22:48 EEST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:45:50 -0700, Jon Babcock <jon at kanji.com> wrote:

> Basically, there are two main approaches to narrowing down the list of
> candidates: tones and multisyllabic entries. 'Tones' has the great
> disadvantage that, for non-native Chinese writers, they are easy to
> forget. <snip> Nevertheless, for common single Chinese syllables, tones
> can narrow the candidate list significantly.

Indeed.  I added tones to all characters included in the original PY.scm.
I made it for my practice and maybe there are many errors, but please give
it a try if you like.  The file size increased to 895Kb but uim-py is
still working here...

If you don't mind typing "/" between syllables of multisyllabic words:
http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~apricots/files/Tone-S_PY.scm.tar.bz2
If you prefer capitalization:
http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~apricots/files/Tone-C_PY.scm.tar.bz2

Usage:
qi + Space shows 72 candidates as before.
qi1 + Space shows 17 candidates.
qi2 + Space shows 32 candidates.
etc.

> "Mandarin" is a much bigger concept than simply 'Pinyin and simplified
> characters'.
I should have said "I would like to keep my PY.scm simplified only to
avoid confusion."  Sorry.

Yukiko