[Uim] uim-py: Adding idioms to PY.scm

Jon Babcock jon at kanji.com
Fri Apr 16 19:33:32 EEST 2004

Yukiko Bando wrote:
> I added tones to all characters included in the original
> PY.scm.   I made it for my practice and maybe there are many errors, but
> please give  it a try if you like.  The file size increased to 895Kb but
> uim-py is  still working here...
>
> If you don't mind typing "/" between syllables of multisyllabic words:
> http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~apricots/files/Tone-S_PY.scm.tar.bz2
> If you prefer capitalization:
> http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~apricots/files/Tone-C_PY.scm.tar.bz2
>
> Usage:
> qi + Space shows 72 candidates as before.
> qi1 + Space shows 17 candidates.
> qi2 + Space shows 32 candidates.
> etc.

Thanks!

I must expose my lack of programming knowledge again.

To get Yukiko-san's ime to appear as an option, I copied Tone-S_PY.scm
to /usr/share/uim (on Deb unstable) added the following to the bottom of
pyload.scm:

(define pytones-init-handler
   (lambda (id arg)
     (require "Tone-S_PY.scm")
     (let* ((c (find-context id))
	   (cc (context-data c)))
       (set-context-data!
        (generic-context-new pytones-rule #f))
       ())))

(generic-register-im
  'pytones "zh_CN" "GB18030" pytones-init-handler)

But uim-Tone-S_PY doesn't appear on the list of available uim input
methods. What am I forgetting or doing wrong?

Thanks.

Jon