[Uim] QT-immodule: Unable to type characters with accents

Yukiko Bando ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp
Tue Jun 1 15:49:45 EEST 2004

> That's odd. When I type in ´e on my international keyboard with a
> Norwegian layout, I get an é, whether in Qt or GTK+. Only app it
> doesn't work in is Kate. ¨a becomes ä, `a becomes à, and so on.
> Perhaps this is a problem limited to French keyboards?

No... I tried Norwegian layout but it didn't work either.  It seems
the problem had something to do with my locale, that is, a mixing of
ja_JP and en_US.  I created a new user with French locale, then I got
all accented characters (even "œ") and dead keys worked in all
applications I tried.  But when I changed input method to uim-anthy
in qtconfig, I got "^a" again! :( The strange thing is, dead keys are
still working in OpenOffice Writer, though I can't type Japanese
there.

Thank you for the reply.

Yukiko