[Uim] dead keys don't work in uim-xim

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Fri Jun 11 12:05:08 EEST 2004

Sorry for my late reply, and the I changed the subject.

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 20:32:32 +0900
Yukiko Bando <ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp> wrote:

> Though, I can't seem to get dead keys working (or rather keep them
> dead) with any locale if uim-xim is running.  I've uninstalled
> qt-immodule but the problem is still there, which makes this thread
> title invalid. Sorry.

To tell the truth, I don't know so many about dead key, so I googled
"dead key" and found following URL.

"Dead keys under Linux and X11"
http://wauug.erols.com/~balsa/linux/deadkeys/

I haven't read all of that page, but the problem seems that uim-xim
doesn't handle dead key at all.

Yusuke, I think the correct way to solve this problem is, adding dead
key definitions to latin.scm. Is this right answer?

Regards,

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki
http://kodou.net/