[Uim] QT-immodule: Unable to type characters with accents

Yukiko Bando ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp
Wed Jun 2 14:32:32 EEST 2004

> Have you tried using UTF-8? I use that for all locales on my
> system, as long as my libc supports it. I even generated them
> manually by issuing the following commands as the superuser:
>
> localedef -f UTF-8 -i ja_JP ja_JP.utf8
> localedef -f UTF-8 -i en_US en_US.utf8
>
> libc won't support UTF-8 for all locales, but I think it works for
> both ja_JP and en_US.

en_US.UTF-8 fixed the character problem.  Thank you!  Luckily, I
didn't have to create it myself. ;)

Though, I can't seem to get dead keys working (or rather keep them
dead) with any locale if uim-xim is running.  I've uninstalled
qt-immodule but the problem is still there, which makes this thread
title invalid. Sorry.

Anyway, I'm glad I asked.  Thanks again. :)

Yukiko