[Uim] Some weird APIs

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Fri Jun 18 06:57:34 EEST 2004

Hi Tokunaga-san, sorry for late reply.

At Mon, 14 Jun 2004 02:08:19 +0900,
tkng at xem.jp wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 19:26:36 +0900
> Kazuki Ohta <mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp> wrote:
> > * uim_get_candidate_index seems unnecessary
>
> I've forgotten why the API was need!!! YamaKen, do you remember?

The API had introduced by Tabata-san in early phase. I guess
that original intent is following.

- Client-driven screen update (repainting) for some environments
  such as console, or primitive GUI library

- Dynamic UI component (candidate window) switching not
  restricted to the 'style-switching' of the widget. The
  constructor of new UI will need current candidate index

Although some possible usage is existing, there is no demand for now.
I propose that make the function 'disabled' and describe as 'We
  will imiplement the function if you need'.

See also the original announcement in Japanese.
#automatic translation such as Babelfish has not been worked well...

http://lists.sourceforge.jp/mailman/archives/anthy-dev/2002-December/000027.html

> > * int uim_set_candidate_selector_cb should be void
> > uim_set_candidate_selector_cb
>
> I think it's also an implementation bug... We should add NULL check for
> uc. (Or do you think it's overkill?)

I think so, too.

- should return void
- should check whether uc is NULL