[Uim] How to turn on the input method as soon as the uc is created?

yusuke at cherubim.icw.co.jp yusuke at cherubim.icw.co.jp
Mon Jun 28 19:23:21 EEST 2004

>   Is it possible to turn on the input method (switch to the conversion
> mode) by a function call, as soon as the uc is created? Because you
> know, scim uses its own toggle hotkey. Users must first open scim by
> pressing ctrl-space and then open uim by pressing shift-space. It will
> be better if uim can be opened by default when scim is opened.
Perhaps we need more discussion about this issue. Anyway, I explain
uim's implementation. Currently, uim assumes on/off state of input
method is private value of input context and do not allow front end to
manipulate it explicitly.
uim's input context is designed to accept all key event and decide to
through the event or not by private status.

I think this behaviour is same as other OSs like Windows or MacOS.
Imagine if you are writing input method with English spell checker,
input method will always need all key events.

Of course this can be changed, e.g. implemnt forced on/off API to uim.

Thanks!
--
 CHAOS AND CHANCE!
  Yusuke TABATA (yusuke at cherubim.icw.co.jp)