[utf-8] joe-3.0 supports UTF-8

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at cs.toronto.edu
Sat Apr 24 08:19:54 EST 2004

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Alexander Winston wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 21:34 +0200, Koblinger Egmont wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > joe-3.0 has just been released and is available from
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/joe-editor/
> >
> > One of its new features is UTF-8 support. Yeah! :-)
> >
> > So please remove it from the BadSoftware page.
> > Thx!
>
> Excellent! I have removed it. Thank you for the notice! :)

Well, ummm, ...

I just tested it, just a small problem for now:  while it uses
wcwidth and so accounts zero width for ZWNJ, but does not remove
it from the output, so things get messy.  In short:  It does not
remove zero-width stuff...  (these get removed in the bidi
algorithm in an ideal world).

--behdad
  behdad.org