[Utf-8] greetings

Noah Levitt nlevitt@columbia.edu
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:34:52 -0500

Hello utf-8@freedesktop.org,

Project UTF-8's purpose is to document and promote proper
Unicode support (particularly UTF-8 support) in free and
Open Source software.

In other words, go to http://utf-8.org/ and edit the wiki!
We should try to eventually have a sizable store of useful
information there, and that's not going to happen by itself.
;-) So you can see what I have in mind, I think that if
we're successful, the front page will turn more or less into
a table of contents.

If you need a wiki account, join irc://irc.gnome.org/#unicode
and ask; someone will be happy to oblige. If you don't do
irc you can send mail to the list or to me.

Project utf-8 is pretty nebulous so far. For the mailing
list I'd say anything relating to internationalization at
all is pretty much on-topic, for the time being.

So, anybody, feel free to start discussing stuff.

Noah