[UTF-8] Greetings

Nikolai Prokoschenko nikolai@prokoschenko.de
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 00:16:37 +0100

Hello!

It is nice to see an UTFication effort going on!

Here my first contribution: I have filed a Debian bug (number pending)
against id3v2 package. It seems, that every single MP3 tagger for
Linux doesn't have the "encoding flags" feature implemented, which
produces pseudo-utf-8-encoded id3v2 tags, which have UTF-8 strings
marked as latin1 and thus unreadable everywhere else.

My favourite tagger until today is EasyTag
(http://easytag.sourceforge.net), which unfortunately is gtk+1 and
thus not UTF-enabled. I have managed to configure the fonts to make it
display and input everything correctly, but as I have already
mentioned, it lacks extended support for id3v2 including the encoding
flags.

It would be nice if someone could add this information to the wiki (or
just enable my account there, 'NikolaiProkoschenko').

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai@prokoschenko.de / Jabber: pronik@jabber.org