[Xorg] Code freeze extension

Brian Paul brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com
Fri Aug 13 11:23:46 PDT 2004

Kevin E Martin wrote:
> On today's release wranglers call, we decided to move the code freeze
> deadline until 11AM EDT, Monday 16 Aug 2004.  This will allow several of
> us to finish fixing the remaining bugs.
> After the code freeze, the first release candidate tag will be made for
> people to test against.  The volunteers who signed up to build release
> packages should plan to make new packages available after tree is
> tagged.
> We also decided that, after Monday's code freeze, nothing is to be
> checked into the tree without the approval of the release manager (me).
> All release blocker bug fixes that you want to have considered for this
> release will need to be entered into bugzilla (with associated patch).

I've been kind of out of touch with DRI / X development lately, but it 
looks like the current Mesa CVS trunk and the DRI tree's DRM modules 
will be going into this release.  Is that correct?

The Mesa CVS trunk doesn't constitute a normal Mesa release yet.  I 
was planning on eventually wrapping up the trunk as the 6.1 
(development) release.  The last Mesa stable release was 6.0.1 and bug 
fixes relative to it are on the mesa_6_0_branch branch in CVS.  I 
don't think any of the DRI driver developers have been putting 
anything into that branch though.

That said, I _think_ the Mesa CVS trunk is fairly stable code at this 
point.  Perhaps I should make the 6.1 release ASAP, just so things are 
somewhat synchronized.  Comments?


More information about the xorg mailing list