Input Devices

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Thu Aug 4 12:48:04 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 15:08 -0400, Jim Gettys wrote:
> Hopefully we'll be using GL or exa drivers soon enough that this will be
> moot.

I don't see how EXA would fix this though as it stands; it still seems
to have a static partition of the framebuffer into screen and offscreen.
To be able to grow beyond the original size, the screen would have to be
allocated from the EXA memory manager, wouldn't it? Also, can all parts
of the X server deal with the screen moving around in the framebuffer?