Input Devices

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 15:57:13 PDT 2005

> On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 15:08 -0400, Jim Gettys wrote:
> > Hopefully we'll be using GL or exa drivers soon enough that this will be
> > moot.
>
> I don't see how EXA would fix this though as it stands; it still seems
> to have a static partition of the framebuffer into screen and offscreen.
> To be able to grow beyond the original size, the screen would have to be
> allocated from the EXA memory manager, wouldn't it? Also, can all parts
> of the X server deal with the screen moving around in the framebuffer?

I also meant to bring Ian up on this in a recent mail he mentioned
working on the offscreen memory manager - this is crazy talk.. we need
a memory manager for everything, you can't start saying what is
onscreen and offscreen at the memory management level, you don't
understand screen, you are managing memory...

Dave.