Opening files

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Jun 7 21:47:54 PDT 2005

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, The Gasman wrote:

> Being new to Linux, I would like to know something. How do I install a
> file that I have uploaded unto my computer?
>
> Example:
> I have uploaded a Macromedia Player file to my desktop. I am using
> Mandriva 10.2. How do I install this file so Macromedia Player will
> work??

You may want to use the Mandrake/Mandriva mailing lists and forums to find
assistance.

 http://www.mandriva.com/support/mdkresources
 http://www.mandriva.com/support/newsgroups

To play Flash files, you may want to install
http://www.swift-tools.com/Flash/ or http://gplflash.sourceforge.net/ or
use the proprietary version from http://www.macromedia.com/.

You may also want to use google to find assistance and also look for a
Linux users group within your area and join their mailing list for
assistance.

The lists.freedesktop.org xorg list is the wrong list to receive
assistance with this problem.

Good luck,

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links