i945GM don't show video at vga port (blue screen)

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue May 29 10:18:36 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 14:37 +1000, Drew Parsons wrote:

> Yeah, it works fine.  I didn't put it into unstable since Keith is still
> working on it.

And I've stuck something slightly different into the upstream driver
code at this point. By default, measures the area covered by the overlay
on each crtc and picks the crtc showing more of the overlay. The XV_PIPE
property can override this when two crtcs are showing a portion of the
overlay.

I've done a bunch of additional work to fix the overlay on the i830;
peopoe with those chips are encouraged to give the current master
version a try and report back status. I've only got an IBM X30 for i830
testing, so I'm particularily interested in hearing back from people
with other i830-based machines.

keith.packard at intel.com