i965G: I've lost my acceleration and can't get up again

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Wed May 30 08:57:48 PDT 2007

Bruce Perens wrote:
> Between two weeks ago and today, I seem to have lost my acceleration.
> Flightgear was running at 15 to 20 frames per second, now it's down to 2
> or 3
After thrashing around for days, I finally did a "write fail-safe
defaults" on my BIOS and the problem went away. It might be something to
do with MTRR use. This motherboard has a permanent AGP apeture (I guess
that's common to this intel graphics lineage) but some configurations
use up 3 MTRRs in BIOS and the bad configuration uses 7.  It'll take me
a while to figure out what the problem was.

    Thanks

    Bruce