mesa-solo status

Kendall Bennett KendallB@scitechsoft.com
Fri, 05 Dec 2003 17:57:24 -0800

Jon Smirl <jonsmirl@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Scitech has all of the DDC/mode support finished in their
> standalone drivers, but they won't GPL the ATI version. ATI is the
> main hardware we use for Mesa work. So we are at an impasse on that
> path.

We can't GPL the ATI Radeon core driver, but 90% of the stuff around it
is now GPL as well as all the 3D code we are working on at present.
Considering that the 2D driver modules are very solid and have a well
documented API, it is unlikely that you would need to modify any of the
code inside the ATI Radeon 2D driver module anyway.

As I said, the DDK is now done. Take a look at it and the SDK see what
you think. You may like it, or you may not ;-)

Regards,

---
Kendall Bennett
Chief Executive Officer
SciTech Software, Inc.
Phone: (530) 894 8400
http://www.scitechsoft.com

~ SciTech SNAP - The future of device driver technology! ~