[Mesa3d-dev] Re: [Dri-devel] DRI newmesa merge

Brian Paul brian@tungstengraphics.com
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 08:06:30 -0700

Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 10:29, Brian Paul wrote:
>>Alan Hourihane wrote:
[...]
>>>I think SourceForge has fixed the CVS problems of times gone by.
>>
>>If SF's CVS causes problems, I'm OK with moving Mesa to freedesktop.
>

> It would make me happy.  5 out of my last 7 tries to "cvs up"
> anonymously just now failed, and of course my patch for icc didn't make
> it in due to the mirroring.  I think this is going to get more annoying
> as we've moved the DRI driver development to Mesa.  Plus, we'd get cvsup
> if we moved.

If you'd like CVS-write access, just say the word (and send me your SF
login).  That would avoid your problems with anonymous access.

> I think the switchover this time wouldn't be so horribly painful, as
> I've learned the lesson to just make the switch and bring peoples'
> changes over by hand instead of trying to get a clean snapshot of the
> latest tree.
>
> Might also be an opportunity to make "Mesa-newtree" "Mesa" again :-)

So, how do we go about doing this?  SF makes a nightly tarball of the
CVS repository, so I guess I'd just need someone from the freedesktop
side to install the tarball's files there.

I've got limited time to deal with this right now, so I'm tempted to
punt until January in any case.

-Brian