gui editor : support for the types of the arguments

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 00:54:45 PST 2011

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Alban browaeys <prahal at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Zack thank you for the feedback about the way to get the type for an
> argument.
>
> Getting it from the spec is something I have not came up to. I will take
> a shot at that.
>
> Currently I added a new array to the FunctionSign via the python
> generator. This is best to get the types via the spec as indeed for
> enums , arrays , etc it is useless . Still this work was nto useless in
> that I will need to use the generator anyway as to make available the
> alias from gl types to standard types. Ie that will avoid to duplicate
> this list of conversion to get the wanted QVariant type .
>
> So nothing to show up as I have to start from the start this fix for to
> enable the gui to show up the editors with correct limits based on type.
>
> But at least I got a better picture of the internals.

Yes, getting the possible values from the spec would be excellent.

BTW, a tweak to the file format will be necessary for enums, as
currently each enum constant is recorded individually (i.e., the trace
file drops the relationship between GL_POINTS, GL_LINES etc). This was
for space considerations (to avoid dumping the whole set GLenum types
on every trace), but the ability of providing a combo box on the GUI
with the possible elements is by far more interesting than any space
this may save.

I'll implement this as soon as I find some time.

Jose