[Beignet] Haswell-ULT Support?

Julian Simioni julian at simioni.org
Tue Apr 7 05:30:07 PDT 2015

On 04/07, Rebecca N. Palmer wrote:
> > https://01.org/zh/beignet/downloads/linux-kernel-patch-hsw-support
> He's already said he has that applied, and is reporting a lot more than
> 30 test failures.

That's correct. I've definitely applied that patch, and the symptoms
seem much more severe than what that patch would have fixed.

To illustrate, I've created about the simplest possible OpenCL
program[1]. It simply sets a single float value to 1.0. On the host, the
float is initialized to 0.0. Running the code with beignet on the GPU
device does not change the float value from 0, whereas running it with
the intel-ocl-sdk on the CPU does correctly change it to 1.0. Let me
know if there are any possible errors in that program, or if you need
more information, and I'll be happy to provide it.

Thanks,
Julian

[1]https://github.com/orangejulius/opencl_simple/blob/master/simple.c