[Clipart] Questions for the Community

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Mon Jul 4 00:17:14 PDT 2005

Jon Phillips wrote:

Jon, a good way to encourage people to reply to such a questionnaire is
to take the lead and be you the first one to respond, such a move could
ease the inhibitions of the potential responders

> ###
>
> What characteristics typify yourself as a contributor?
>
> Are you more of a user, an artist, or a developer (librarian), and
> why?

I guess I am mostly artist, my development contributions are limited by
my programing skills and as user I generally use my own images.

> How many images have you contributed?

quite a few :p

> What are the top five things you contribute to the project?

images, website, mailing list, propaganda, bugzilla

> Why do you contribute to the project?

I like to draw and enjoy time doing this but I realize I am not as good
at this as I like, so a lot of exercise is needed.
but also I am very lazy so I need some motivation to work, I guess OCAL
is sometime the needed motivation.

> How long does it take to learn how to contribute?

I was involved in some FOSS projects befora OCAL, so for me was no
learning curve

> How did you find out about Open Clip Art Library?

not sure, I think I read about it on a blog or mailing list around the
time when it had yet no website and was just a mailing list.

> What do you think would make the project better?

the DMS, we badly need it.
and images. lot of images.

> What are your personal goals for project?

for the near term, to dethrone Danny Allen as the number one contributor
in number of images :D

> What are your general group goals for the project?

I am in it for fun, so I want this fun increased, maybe with a larger
and friendlier community

> What would you like to learn about and do on the project in the future?

I never sat down and made such plans, but if you ask, I guess I can take
part in an aggresive promotion of our project.

> What is the primary problem on the project?

the lack of author control on his images (can't replace an obsolete
image with a newer version, can't be sure if a submitted image will be
in the following release etc.)

> What is the way to solve that problem?

work on DMS

--