[Clipart] Regarding the possibility of hosting a contest

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Tue Apr 3 02:35:41 PDT 2007

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves wrote:

> That is why we are contacting the Open Clip Art Library.  We would
> like to know if it is possible to run a contest where your visitors
> may contribute with work to get the SOM  project going.  We intend to
> have the contributions available under the Public Domain, hence, we
> think it may benefit both of our efforts.

We have the infrastructure and I think it could be a fun project and
also useful for both of us. My opinion is we should go for it.

I think the first thing SOM will need is a logo for the project, which
may be made using such a contest hosted on our site (the same way the
contest for OpenFontLibrary was done).

Once the logo is chosen, a lot of derivative graphics (banners, buttons,
badges,icons etc.) can be made using it as a base. This step may be
without contests (as the overall look was already defined in the
previous step).

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/