[CREATE] Re: raw processing

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 04:00:02 PST 2006

On 3/22/06, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> What about using Krita and similiar advanced editors as an external editor
> for images on ocassion?
>
> Scribus, for instance, makes it very easy to tell, which app to use for
> editing loaded images. Thus Scribus focus on its strength and provides
> additional features.
>
> Would this be a way for digicam? Hey, to make applications interact each
> with the other seamless, is the goal of this list.

There is a short and a long answer.

The short one is: hell, yes! :)

The long answer is: it's not that easy. If Digikam applies changes in
a non-destructive manner, I'd like to see them as adjustment layers in
Krita whenever I want to finetune my photos. And if I load source RAW
directly into Krita, I would still like to have changes like TRС curve
as adjustment layers. Because now, with GIMP and UFRaw, if I change my
mind, I have to do a lot of reopening.

Alexandre