[patch] Python-dbus finish implementing deferred methods

tsuraan tsuraan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 11:54:01 PST 2007

> Here is a patch that implements the DeferredMethod queue for async calls
> waiting for Introspect to return.  Before we balked on implementing it
> because calls return almost immediately on fast machines and the old
> queuing code was causing issues.  We opted for correctness over
> performance.  Now that the OLPC uses it the effects became more
> noticeable (understatement of the year).  This does not magically help
> apps run faster.  One still needs to program with async calls.  What
> this fixes is that async calls are now truly async.

Does this fix the issue where an exported function called remotely cannot
return until all its dbus calls have completed?  I.e, when a function is
called that then calls, in a thread, another function over the dbus and
returns immediately, the function really won't return until its function
that was called in a separate thread finishes.  Does this patch resolve
that?