[ghns] ghns status, api, etc.

Frank Karlitschek karlitschek at kde.org
Mon Jun 22 06:45:28 PDT 2009

Hi Jeremy,

you are right. I think the current situation is not good. We should
have one API standard for collaboration not three.

Josef, Jeremy, are you at GCDS? Perhaps we can discuss a few ideas in
person.

I for one plan to support and push the open collaboration services API
in the future. I´m in contact with people from other free software
project who plan to support it also.
I think it has the biggest potential to become a cross desktop and
cross platform standard.

But I am biased of course because I created it. :-)

Perhaps we could use and extend the existing provider files to store
information which provider support which API.

What do you think?

Best Regards
Frank