NDK build gstreamer test application on android

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed May 13 00:14:03 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Fr, 2015-04-24 at 11:27 +0800, qys wrote:
> Dear gstreamer team members,
> I am now developing gstreamer on android.
> But I have some trouble on the test.I followed the steps.
> 1. Build gstreamer sdk for android using cerbero, and successfully creat
> gstreamer-1.0-android-arm-1.5.0.zip after execute command "cerbero -c
> cross-android.cbc package gstreamer-1.0".
> 2. I write a simple gstreamer application in C language(please refer to
> the attached file), and using NDK build successfully,and creat executed
> file gstreamer-test and library libgstreamer-android.so.
> 3. I push the executed file gstreamer-test and library
> libgstreamer-android.so to /system/lib on android, and execute the file
> gstreamer-test.
> [...]

This is not how app development on Android with GStreamer is supposed to
work. Take a look at these two applications here, especially the second
uses a modern Android-style build system:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~slomo/gst-sdk-tutorials/tree/gst-sdk/tutorials/android-tutorial-1
https://github.com/sdroege/gst-player/tree/master/android

But for your problem, you need to remove the rpath of the library in
your executable. Check the chrpath utility for that.