[gst-devel] gnomevfssrc problems!

Karl Lattimer k.lattimer at nnc-consultancy.co.uk
Tue Dec 24 06:13:03 CET 2002

I've built gstreamer gst-plugins and gst-player, installed, uninstalled,
cleaned, configured over and over again with this and it doesn't seem to
be anything i'm doing.

once compiled and installed gst-player-gtk opens a dialog box saying

The gnomevfssrc plug-in could not be found. This plug-in is essential
for gst-player. Please install it and verify that it works by running
'gst-inspect gnomevfssrc'

so i run

gst-inspect gnomevfssrc

and i get
registry: loaded global_registry in 0.040969 seconds
          (/usr/etc/gstreamer/registry.xml)
no such element or plugin 'gnomevfssrc'

but in /usr/lib/gst/ i have these gnomevfs files

/usr/lib/gst/libgstgnomevfssink.la
/usr/lib/gst/libgstgnomevfssink.so
/usr/lib/gst/libgstgnomevfssrc.la
/usr/lib/gst/libgstgnomevfssrc.so

and when building gst-plugins i'm told i'll be building:

configure: *** Plug-ins that will be built :
        osssrc osssink
        v4lsrc v4lmjpegsrc v4lmjpegsink
        vcdsrc
        cdrom
        xvideosink videosink
        a52dec
        winenc windec
        cdparanoia
        dvdec
        dvdreadsrc
        esdsink esdmon
        gnomevfssrc
        jpegenc jpegdec
        mikmod
        mpeg2dec
        sdlvideosink
        snapshot
        vorbisenc vorbisdec

So it is in there!

I've looked at my registry file /usr/etc/gstreamer/registry.xml and it
isn't contained in there.

how could i add it, or otherwise get this working????

Thanks Karl