[gst-devel] Core release

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Tue Dec 14 05:51:04 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 14:35, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> I've got one critical bug, which I'm still working on. It's chained ogg
> again. Oggdemux will sometimes, usually in the third chain, just stop to
> be scheduled for no apparent reason. It's not stuck in a waiting
> (g_cond_wait) queue, it's not hung inside oggdemux itself, it's still in
> the playing state, it's just, well, not running anymore. This happens on
> chain transitions. I'm suspecting a core bug because of some weird
> reasons that I won't bug you with. Hard to track, though. I've spent
> yesterday getting all of the above information, but don't know how to
> fix it yet. Maybe I'll have to bug Wim after all.

Oh, I just noticed that disabling caching makes the issue disappear.
Chain transition is still flaky (as in: it generates warnings and
sometimes crashes for no good reason; those are races in the gst core
:-( ), but it will work with 0.8.6 plugisn (since caching was only added
after the release).

Be sure to test this, though.

Ronald

--