[gst-devel] Porting ASF demuxer to 0.9

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Wed Oct 12 14:33:51 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 15:23 -0400, Amit Bhalla wrote:
>   I've been attempting to port the 0.8 asf demuxer to 0.9.  It appears
> that the asfdemuxer relies heavily on the old bytestream interface.
> I've been using the oggdemuxer and avidemuxer as a sort of reference
> guide.

See the commits to port avidemux and its dependency interface rifflib.
They should make it all clear. You don't need flushes and eventloops
anymore in 0.9.

> anyone that might know the code better then me, do you think it might
> be worth a re-write from scratch?

I've considered a rewrite many times, and am convinced that the current
code of asfdemux is not very secure. So ideally, yes. However, lack of
time prevents me from doing it.

> Also is there a way that I could
> add the bytestream api support in 0.9 temporarily in order to assist
> with porting?

No.

Ronald