[gst-devel] GST_DISABLE_REGISTRY

ved kpl ved.kpl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 12:09:33 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am using gstreamer v0.10.11.
I am trying to reduce  the time taken by gst_init()
I am going thru the code of gst_init and have found out that
in init_post() (called within gst_init()) the ensure_current_registry()
consumes around 85% of the time taken by gst_init().

The code is like this:

#ifndef GST_DISABLE_REGISTRY
  if (!ensure_current_registry (error))
    return FALSE;
#endif

I rebulit the gstreamer core with GST_DISABLE_REGISTRY.
After that, when I do gst_inspect,  only 2 plugins are shown.
and also the test app that wrote comprising of filesrc and filesink
failed too, showing that filesrc, filesink not found.

I tried the same with 0.10.13 too, but same results.
Could anyone please some light on this and tell
whether i am doing the right approach.

regds