[gst-devel] youtube on gstreamer

ebin jose ebinjosetel at gmail.com
Mon May 11 08:35:26 CEST 2009

Hi All,

Has anybody worked on playing back youtube videos on gstreamer ?

I am new to youtube apis also.

We have a portable media player (arm based) with wifi connectivity. We
are planning to add an application which can playback youtube
contents.

Background:
- Our player is running linux on an ARM based platform.
- mediaplayer uses gstreamer as playback engine.
- the complete code (apart from gstreamer) is in C.

I have the following questions:
1) I am planning to use youtube DATA APIs (java ones) to retrieve the
urls from different categories of videos in youtube;

I belive once I have the media url, I can just give it to gstreamer and it
will play it back.
I believe this is a right way of doing it. Please comment if this
belief is wrong ?

Thanks in advance.
Ebin.