Help with custom plugin Caps Negotiation

Bruce Tsai wagamama.tsai at gmail.com
Sat May 17 07:51:09 PDT 2014

Hi Subodh,

You point out that the issue is between your plugin “myplugin” and element “typefind”, right? So I guess the caps of src-pad of “myplugin” is not recognised while doing caps negotiation. I will go through your FIVE FIXMEs.

I think the query function of sink-pad is not related to this issue in your first FIXME. Second, I never use any proxy-caps in my filter and I would suggest you try not set proxy-caps before identifying the root cause. I rarely find any further information about proxy-caps and I am not familiar with that. The third FIXME is in query function of sink-pad that is not related to caps negotiation of src-pad.

The most weird things are last two FIXME parts. I do not specifically deal with “GST_QUERY_CAPS” in query function of src-pad but let “gst_pad_query_default” do it for me. And I use “gst_pad_set_caps” to set caps of src-pad so “gst_pad_query_default” knows the cap information. However, your “get_pad_set_caps” for src-pad is invoked in event functions of sink-pad and src-pad. Set twice, why? Maybe you need to check if “get_pad_set_caps” is called before “GST_QUERY_CAPS” arriving your src-pad.

--
Bruce Tsai
wagamama.tsai at gmail.com