[patch] wireless patch, take 2

Ikke eikke at eikke.com
Thu May 27 12:36:27 PDT 2004

> I think we need to stick with our current
> set/get interface.  That is, as sweet as having a method interface that
> can utilize D-BUS access controls is, I feel we need to stick with the
> simplicity and slickness of the current set/get thing.  If the property
> cannot be abstracted as a key/value pair and controlled via set/get,
> then it is outside the scope of HAL.

Forgive me my ignorance, but what to do with something like this then, in
case of a cdrom reader:
a key called volume.ejected (bool), false if in not-ejected state, true
otherwise.
Then you could set it to true if its false, and HAL should let the device
eject.

Same thing for net: the IP can be 'set'-ted, altough this could conflict
with DHCP, mDNS,...

This troubes me (maybe I'm just dumb tough)

Regards, Ikke