Hal replacement for Edgy

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 11 00:38:07 PST 2007

Hi Gerald,

Gerald Britton [2007-01-10 16:08 -0500]:
> Dear Martin,  I found your deb for the ipod nano problem on edgy but
> am wondering which deb to use for amd 64?
>
> ======================
> This is a replacement for Ubuntu Edgy's hal, which fixes the
> inaccessible of some iPod Nanos (see
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/hal/+bug/66068).
>
> To install it, download all .deb files to a directory on your system
> (for example, hal-fix on your desktop).
>
> Then change to the directory in a Terminal (for example by using "cd
> Desktop/hal-fix" (without the ") and run "sudo dpkg -i *.deb" (without
> the ")

Not sure what you mean. In current Feisty, this was fixed in udev. In
Edgy (Ubuntu 6.10), the code was still in hal, but I never prepared
updated packages for Edgy. Of course you can apply the patch to Edgy's
source package and build it locally for you to get the fix for you,
but such bugs are not the kind we officially fix for stable releases,
sorry.

Thank you,

Martin

P.S. Please do not bother upstream with Ubuntu specific questions. Use
the bug tracker instead or mail me privately. Thanks!

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de