HAL doesn't work with grabbed or uinput created devices

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Tue Jan 16 09:43:00 PST 2007

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 13:06, Michael Hanselmann wrote:
> I'm no HAL user myself and see no obligation for me to fix it. If you
> need any help from me, please let me know.

I havn't take a look at inputd, but since HAL is on every distribution and
inputd on none of the major distributions (if I see this correct and
rpmseek.com tell the truth ...) it's maybe the wrong attitude to say you see
no obligation to fix this.

Btw. Can you tell more about the sysfs structure for the related uinput
devices and also about the problem you have with HAL? Is there a special
reason why HAL should grab these devices (If I see this correc HAL currently
only handle some special keyevents as e.g. ACPI suspend/hibnernate) and what
HAL should do with them?

Danny