Please I need help with Hal and NFS

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 25 21:06:16 PDT 2008

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 8:43 PM, William Tambe <tambewilliam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unless I am missing something, I have a good idea of how ubuntu boot,
> that is why I thought posting my issue could find help.
>
> In fact all I need is a HAL rule of an fdi file that will discard
> anything related to nfs mounted drive. Or way to match anything related
> to nfs.

HAL does not control nfs at all. I would guess that this is a
sequencing problem. HAL wants to write files to /var, but /var isn't
mounted until after nfs is running. But all I'm going on is that sed
error from /etc/init.d/rc, which has nothing to do with HAL.

> I am sure this is not related to any distribution.

I'm sure this is entirely related to system initialization, which is
distro-specific. There's not an fdi file that controls nfs. HAL also
does not do any remounting by itself.

> Please if anyone can help, I will be very thankful.

I really think that the only people that can debug this for you are
the Ubuntu people.

--
Dan