[immodule-qt] Completing comments and documents

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Wed Aug 4 04:58:03 EEST 2004

At Tue, 3 Aug 2004 16:17:20 +0000,
liucougar at gmail.com wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 18:27:44 +0900, YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> > At Tue, 3 Aug 2004 04:33:17 +0000,
> > liucougar at gmail.com wrote:
> > > Due to performance concern, I use x11EventFilter in scim-qtimm,
> > > although the eventFilter function behaves exactly the same (I hope).
> >
> > Is there a considerable performance difference?
> When user press every key, in filterEvent X keyevent -> Qt keyevent ->
> scim keyevent is required and the last conversion (qt->scim) has many
> "tricky" codes to work properly. OTH, in x11FilterEvent, X keyevent ->
> scim keyevent is straightforward and simple, thus faster.

I can understand your thought about simplicity. Yes,
imtermediate Qt keyevent is less straightforward for SCIM
because keycodes of SCIM is based on X keycodes. So your
implementation is reasonable because there is no other
platforms are available for immodule except for X11.

But what I want to know is whether 'faster' is actually sensible
by human or not. If sensible, it may be indicating
implementation error of our code. Otherwise, the performance
difference is not important.

> > mou man tai
> What's this? ;P Did you try to say some Chinese?

Oops, I had tried to say 'no problem' in Chinese. Chinese
pronunciation is difficult for me...

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp