[immodule-qt] potential issue of the latest patch

LiuCougar liucougar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 04:27:17 EEST 2004

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 09:26:27 +0900, YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> At Sat, 14 Aug 2004 14:59:59 +0000,
> Accurately, such unwanted plugin loading happens only when
> imsw-multi is specified as IM-switcher. Our immodule framework
> itself doesn't load unspecified plugins. See the difference of
> following two commands.
>
> QT_IM_SWITCHER=imsw-multi QT_IM_MODULE=simple examples/textedit/textedit
> QT_IM_SWITCHER=imsw-none QT_IM_MODULE=simple examples/textedit/textedit
>
> Although the plugin loading is unnecessary for users, imsw-multi
> requires loading all plugins to construct the popup menu. See
> QMultiInputContext::createImSelPopup(). I think that there is no
> way to avoid this plugin loading.
Maybe we can borrow the method in GTK immodule: a separate program to
generate the list of all available input method plugins (
gtk-query-immodules-2.0) when a plugin is installed/uninstalled.

Or a better (IMO) way is to cache the list after the first qt app
starts: all the following qt apps just use it (the key for the cache
can be the mtime of $QTDIR/plugins/input dir)

Regards,

- Old Chinese adage