[Intel-gfx] Prepare for 2.3.2

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Sun Jun 15 14:01:16 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 01:39:19AM +0800, Zhenyu Wang wrote:
> When I tested on T61 with thinkpad_acpi (brightness_enable=1), acpi
> seems have 0~15 backlight levels defined, and Fn keys will call bios
> to set brightness. If I turn it into lowest level 0, then X start will
> bring max brightness to me. I think it's caused by current 0 level
> check.

Yes and it is expected and somthing Jesse knows. However, if I started with
level 5 (using acpi video driver, i.e., native ACPI methods), the X server
first sets level to 0 (using DPMS off in init or preinit) and then using xrandr
init (later in init), it has still level 0 and kicks it to 15..

this is what I'm speaking about.

As you can see, get and set property in randr code related to lvds reads and
sets backlight levels unconditionally. Which could be OK unless you set DPMS
OFF before.

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek