[Intel-gfx] blank screen FUJITSU LIFEBOOK S760

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Sun May 6 07:32:24 CEST 2012

Daniel Vetter wrote:

> On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 07:20:16AM -0400, Babar Haq wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>  I hope this is the right place to raise this issue. I have waited
>>  patiently for almost a year but it remains unfixed. I filed the burt
>>  here and any information/workaround related to it would be highly
>>  appreciated.
>
> Well, if you want to report this bug with upstream here, we pretty much
> expect you to test latest git kernel first. If that doesn't help, please
> file the bug on bugs.freedesktop.org, see
>
> http://intellinuxgraphics.org/how_to_report_bug.html
>
> We're working on quite a few bugfixes and issues leading to black
> screens,
> but without further details there's not much we can do.
> -Daniel

I also have a Fujitsu Lifebook S760 laptop, and video Just Works in
Gentoo. And it worked from day one, i.e. since February 2011. Thus the
request to test the latest kernel from git looks rather bogus to me.
2.6.39 should be sufficient, and my gut feeling is that some other
package is at fault here.

One obvious difference is that Ubuntu and Fedora (who has a duplicate
bug) use Plymouth, while Gentoo doesn't. To test the theory, could you
please remove the "splash vt.handoff=7" parameters from the kernel
command line?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov