[Libdlo] Fix for udlfb

Dan dan at pod51.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 11 12:45:33 PDT 2009

Hi,

May I suggest the following change for udlfb? The current code says:

    dev_info->backing_buffer = kzalloc(dev_info->screen_size, GFP_KERNEL);

    if (!dev_info->backing_buffer)
        printk("non posso allocare il backing buffer\n");

I can't see any need for contiguous physical memory, and at least on my
CentOS 64 bit box this fails and results in a complete crash. I think
the following would be better:

    dev_info->backing_buffer = vmalloc(dev_info->screen_size);

    if (!dev_info->backing_buffer) {
        printk("non posso allocare il backing buffer\n");
        goto out0;
    }

The xorg driver also seems to fail on 64 bit - the module gets put into
the standard (32bit) module store, and copying it ot the 64bit xorg
driver store results in a big complaint from the X server. Oh, and the
driver that is built is called displaylink_drv.so, whereas the xorg.conf
in the README seems to want just displaylink. Am I missing something?

thanks,

Dan.