[Libreoffice] binfilter and features...

Pierre-André Jacquod pjacquod at alumni.ethz.ch
Sun Dec 5 01:59:18 PST 2010

On 12/04/2010 09:49 PM, Caolán McNamara wrote:

> I wouldn't like to see too much effort spent on binfilter though.
I understand the point. On the other side, leting it behind generate a
lot of - not very useful - job when wanting to do global changes, like
the RTL_CONST... macro, or getting ride of old type /  classes,... ?

> at http://people.redhat.com/caolanm/callcatcher/DEV300_m86/ (I cleared
I will have a look at it.

> "desktop" myself recently, I should generate up-to-date lists for
> LibreOffice master)
would be great

>> Which make me think: as new feature, for the next LibO release after
>> 3.3, could it be that StarOffice file format are not supported any more,
>> Or do you intend to drop this in a quicker way?
>
> A lot of people are of the view to delete the whole thing. I'd prefer to
> move it out of LibreOffice entirely into a standalone project that

As user, I would prefer to still be able to read the file "natively",
even if I can't write / save it anymore. Nothing more boring than having
to search for an add-on... First you have to know it exits, find it,
install it... Far above the average user expectation. I have see a lot
of people getting confused, not able to read a file anymore, simply
going back to the older version, or using afterward another product, not
always noticing they are reading in one format and saving in another one!
regards