[Libreoffice] make check fails in ScFiltersTest

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Mon Oct 24 11:27:15 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Thursday, 2011-10-20 23:53:39 +0200, Markus Mohrhard wrote:

> Kohei, Eike: Any ideas why our xls import of these cells goes wrong in
> a windows build. It seems that none of our Linux or mac builds has a
> problem with this cell import. I'm looking if perhaps my mingw build
> shows the same but otherwise I have no idea. The content looks a bit
> like the fact that we added a non initialized double variable.

There may be two reasons that only shows up on a certain platform:

a) as already lined out on IRC, for uninitialized variables allocated
   memory may have different content on different platforms.

b) if that's only with one compiler and code inspection does not reveal
   an uninitialized variable, sometimes compiler optimization may
   "overdo" a bit. In such cases it may help to declare an affected
   variable as volatile.

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD