[Mesa-users] Unable to build Mesa 7.9 on Windows

Frederic Claux frederic.claux at global-vision-systems.com
Sun Oct 24 11:45:48 PDT 2010

2010/10/24 Frederic Claux <frederic.claux at global-vision-systems.com>

> 2010/10/24 Chia-I Wu <olvaffe at gmail.com>
>
>> On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 10:10 PM, Frederic Claux <fclaux.gvs at gmail.com>
>> wrote:I don't know if there is a
>> suggested way, but I use SCons to build mesa on Windows myself
>>
>>  http://www.mesa3d.org/install.html#scons
>>

> Isn't there a location where I can get precompiled mesa 7.9 binaries?
>
> There really are multiple problems when trying to build with Visual Studio.
> I tried to use SCons on Windows, but I'm not going very far with it:
>
> 1) I installed Python 3.1.2
> 2) then SCons (which detected C:\Python31 installation directory)
> 3) I added C:\Python31 and C:\Python31\Scripts to my system path
> 4) From the Mesa-7.9 directory, I opened a command prompt and issued:
>
> scons debug=yes statetrackers=mesa drivers=llvmpipe winsys=gdi dri=false
>
> I get the following python error right away:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
>   File
> "c:\Python31\Scripts\..\Lib\site-packages\scons-2.0.1\SCons\__init__.py",
> line 43, in <module>
>     import SCons.compat
>   File
> "c:\Python31\Scripts\..\Lib\site-packages\scons-2.0.1\SCons\compat\__init__.py",
> line 90, in <module>
>     import _scons_builtins
> ImportError: No module named _scons_builtins

Hi again,

I got rid of Python 3.1 and SCons 2.0.1, and tried with the more common
Python 2.7 and SCons 1.3.1, as Mesa might be happier with these versions.

The error I get now is simple:

No SConstruct file found.

I guess there is a preliminary step, such as running configure - but
configure is a shell file and I'm on Windows?
What shall I do?

Fred